Sunday, January 09, 2005

Busy, busy, busy

The first week of January is always the busiest in the office what with all those reports. In addition to the monthly, quarterly, and semestral reports there is the annual report to consider. And the annual report is more detailed. These are needed in the Manila office by the 15th of the month.

There is also the overtime claims that needed to be encoded. It must reach reach Manila on the 10th. This month the 10th is Monday. Last Friday I was correcting some figures from the summary returned by the Accounting unit.

Work does not stop when I am home. I am working on my MSWord automation program which I needed for my inventory work at the office. With the help of the experts at Foxite I was finally able to piece out some code.

Today happens to be the 18th birthday of May Hara, our firstborn. She is out at the beach with her classmates as I write this. She was adamant about having a grand debut. But I think its more of frivolity than a necessity. I always think about how many books we can buy everytime we spend on other things.